Definitions and interpretation
Data – collectively all information that you submit to Elizabeth James Creative via the Website. This definition incorporated, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws – any applicable law relating to the processing or personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
User or you – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Elizabeth James Creative and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Elizabeth James Creative and accessing the Website in connection with the provisional such services; and
Website – the website that you are currently using, www.elizabethjamescreative.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by there own terms and conditions.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Elizabeth James Creative is the “data controller”. This means that Elizabeth James Creative determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
How we collect data
6. We collect Data in the following ways: a. data is given to us by you; and b. data is collected immediately.
Data that is given to us by you
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example: a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make to improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out. b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide. c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
Keeping Data Secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example: a. we store your Data on secure servers.